Ed.D. - Higher Education and Educational Leadership, Nova Southeastern University, Davie, FL
M.Ed. - Special Education, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA
B.S. - Special Education and Elementary Education, Fitchburg State College, Fitchburg, MA
- Clinical practice and partnerships in educator preparation
- Post-secondary education for students with disabilities
- Post-secondary inclusion and resources for individuals with disabilities
- Faculty member, Saint Anselm College, 2002 - present
- Education Department Chair, Saint Anselm College, 2006 - 2018
- Director of Teacher Education, Saint Anselm College, 2006 - present
- Faculty member, Notre Dame College, 1996 - 2002
- Special Educator and Behavioral Consultant, 1983 - 1996
Selected Creative and Scholarly Work
- Terrell, D.G., & Wasielewski, L.M., (2018). Making connections: Working in a PDS partnership to establish and execute a research agenda. School-University Partnerships: The Journal of the National Association for Professional Development Schools, 11 (2), 1-8
- Wasielewski, L.M., (2016). Academic performance for students with disabilities in higher education. Journal of Catholic Education, 20 (1), 4-31
- Wasielewski, L.M., & Terrell, D.G.,(2014). What's Next?: Beyond the basics of a Partnership. School-University Partnerships. The Journal of the National Association for Professional Development Schools, 7 (2), 48-61
- Wasielewski, L.M., Birch, M., Connelly, V. & Bigaj, S. (2018, May). A conceptual framework for clinical practice and school-university partnershipships within a state context. Paper presentation at New England Educational Research Organization annual conference, Portsmouth, NH
- Wasielewski, L.M., (2018, October). Transition to adulthood: Insights from families with adults with moderate to severe disabilities in New England. Poster presentation at Council for Exceptional Children Division of Career Development and Transition annual international conference. Cedar Rapids, IA
- Wasielewski, L.M., & Connelly, V. (2019, February). From placements to partnerships: The state of clinical practice and preparation. Paper presentation at Association of Teacher Educators Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA.
- Wasielewski, L.M., Birch, M., & Connelly, V. (2019, April). The Nature of Institutions of Higher Education-School Partnerships: A Deeper Dive. Research in progress round table presentation at New England Educational Research Organization annual conference, Portsmouth, NH.
- Wasielewski, L.M., Birch, M., & Connelly, V. (2019, April). From placements to partnerships: The state of clinical practice and preparation. Roundtable paper presentation at American Educational Research Association International Conference, Toronto, Canada.
Courses Recently Taught
- ED322: Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity in Education
- ED350ST: Introduction to Autism: An Applied Behavior Analysis Approach
- ED480/481: Internship in Education
- American Educational Research Associations, 2015 - present
- Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development, 2006 - present
- National Association of Professional Development Schools, 2011 - 2015
- Phi Gamma Sigma, International Professional Society at Nova Southeastern University, 2006 - 2008
- Council for Exceptional Children, Teacher Education, 1990 - present
Dr. Wasielewski is engaged in state-wide initiatives including serving as a member of the New Hampshire Department of Education Council for Teacher Education (CTE) Board; Member of the Leadership team for the Collaboration for Effective Educator Development, Accountability, and Reform (CEEDAR) New Hampshire; and Co-Chair of the NH Institutions of Higher Education (IHE) Network Clinical Practice and Partnerships initiative.
Grant Co-Author, National Science Foundation, Robert Noyce (NSF) Capacity Building Grant (2018-2019)