Ph.D. 1989. University of New Hampshire. Psychology
- General Psychology I, II
- Experimental Psychology
- Child Psychology
- Senior Seminar
- Psychology of Personality
- Human Growth and Development
- Abnormal Psychology
- Psychology of Gender Roles
- Childhood Psychopathology
- McKenna, Maria W. and Rizzo, Elaine. (1999). Outside the classroom: Student perceptions of the benefits of service learning. Journal of Prevention and Intervention in the Community, 18, 111-123. Co-published simultaneously in Educating students to make-a-difference: Community based service learning (Ed: Joseph R. Ferrari and Judith G. Chapman), Haworth Press, 1999.
- McKenna, Maria W., and Ossoff, Elizabeth P. (1998). Age differences in children's comprehension of a popular television program. Child Study Journal, 28(1), 54-68.
- McKenna, M. W., Rizzo, E. and Forbes, D. Measuring and measuring service learning as part of the undergraduate curriculum. Presented at the annual NHCUC Conference: Committing Colleges to Communities: Service as Pedagogy, Rivier College, April, 1997.
- In their own words: Student perceptions of the learning in service learning courses. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Eastern Psychological Association, Washington, D. C., March, 1997.
- McKenna, Maria W., Kelland, Mark D. Learning by doing: Incorporating service learning into the undergraduate psychology curriculum. Presented as a participant idea exchange at the National Institute on Teaching of Psychology, January 1996.
- McKenna, Maria W., Ossoff, E. P., Catanese, S. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: A mixed parental review. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Society, New York, July 1995.
- Ossoff, Elizabeth P., McKenna, Maria W., Finn, Paul E. Exploring the creative process: Generating undergraduate student research. Participant idea exchange presented at the 17th Annual National Institute on the Teaching of Psychology, January 1995.
- McKenna, Maria W., Finn, Paul E., Ossoff, Elizabeth P. Evaluation of process and outcome in active learning: The undergraduate research experience. Participant idea exchange presented at the 17th Annual National Institute on the Teaching of Psychology, St. Petersburg, Florida, January 1995.
- Finn, Paul E., McKenna, Maria W., Ossoff, Elizabeth P. The student portfolio: Evaluating discipline competencies and critical thinking skills. Participant idea exchange presented at the 1st annual conference on the teaching of psychology at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Society, Washington, D.C., June 1994.
- McKenna, Maria W., Stress and coping in college students. Poster presented at the American Psychological Society Teaching Institute, Washington, D.C., June 1994
- McKenna, Maria W. The effect of a readiness year on children's school achievement, self-concept, and teacher expectations." Poster presented at the New England Psychological Association, Saint Anselm College, October 1993.
- McKenna, Maria W. The effect of a readiness year on children's school achievement, self-concept, and teacher expectations. Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire, 1989.
- McKenna, Maria W. The effects of readiness: What the research shows. Paper presented at the Annual Tests and Measurements Conference, Plymouth, New Hampshire, March 1987.
- McKenna, Maria W. The "Cult of Motherhood": Its beginnings in 19th century America. Paper presented at the National Women's History Week Program, University of New Hampshire, April 1985.
- Lost your keys? Don’t worry yet: Memory in late adulthood. Presented at the St. Anselm College Summer Senior Citizen Seminar, 1999.
- Personality in late adulthood: A time of change or a time of stability? (With Kathleen Flannery). Presented at the St. Anselm College Summer Senior Citizen Seminar, 1997.
- Why are they so different? Gender differences in the middle school years. Presented to the Mountain View Partnership, Mountain View Middle School, Goffstown, NH, March, 1995.
- The effects of a readiness year on children's academic achievement and self-concept. Presented at Children's World Learning Center, Londonderry, NH, 1994.
- Gender differences in the preschool years. Parent Presentation at the Metamorphosis Children's Museum, Londonderry, NH, 1993.
- Psychology comes of age: Rethinking psychological theories of development in late adulthood. Presented at the Saint Anselm College Summer Senior Citizen Seminar, August, 1992.
- Moderator, Psychology Club, 1990-1992
- King Edward Society Review Committee, 1991-1992
- Faculty Welfare Committee, 1992-93
- Women's issues group, 1992-1993
- Campus minister search committee, 1994
- United Way Representative for Perini Hall, 1993
- Psychology Department Search Committees, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1999
- Co-chair, United Way Campaign, 1995
- Pre professional committee, 1993-present
- Undeclared advising team, 1993-present
- Ad Hoc Committee on Freshmen (Chair), 1993-1995
- Human Service Advisory Board, 1993-95
- Psychology Department Liaison to Education Department, 1992-present
- Volunteer, New Student Orientation, 1991-1995
- Chaperone, Senior Week, 1995 - 1999
- Human Relation and Work Certificate Committee, 1998-2000
- Board of Directors, Pine Haven Boys Center, Allenstown, NH. 1996-present.
- Teacher, Religious Education Program, 1996- 1999.
- Coordinator, Grades 3 and 4, Religious Education Program, Holy Cross Parish, Derry, NH, 1999-present.
- Eucharistic Minister, Holy Cross Parish, Derry, N.H.
- Board of Directors, Derry Village Extended Day Program. 1997-1998.
- Advisory Board, Early Childhood Education Program, New Hampshire Technical College, Manchester, NH. Provide input on requirements and curriculum for the Associate's degree program in Early Childhood Education 1994-1995.
- Member, Derry Village School PTA