The Department of Computer Science offers a major program of study in three areas: Computer Science, Computer Science with Business, and Computer Science with Mathematics. Our degree programs prepare students to work effectively in industry and government jobs, and to enter graduate programs.
Computer Science Major Programs
The B.A. in Computer Science provides students with a strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer science, on both theoretical and application levels. Students take courses that teach them to analyze and solve computing problems and acquaint them with both software and hardware.
Major requirements include:
- CS 111 - Computing I
- CS 112 - Computing II
- CS 115 - Discrete Mathematics
- CS 213 - Data Structures and Algorithms
- CS 220 - Computer Architecture
5 Computer Science electives:
Two electives should be numbered 300 or above
Remaining Electives must be numbered above 205
(excluding CS 214 )
Students must also take one of the following:
- BU 121 - Business Statistics (or an approved statistics course)
- MA 170 - Calculus I
At least one elective from the following:
- CS 270 - Database Management
- CS 310 - Advanced Algorithmic Analysis
- CS 311 - Theory of Computation
- CS 343 - Programming Paradigms
Students considering graduate school are strongly encouraged to take MA180 Calculus II in addition to the above requirements.