The Education minor without certification is designed for students who are interested in pursuing careers in an education setting, but do not wish to pursue certification to become a classroom teacher. The Education minor without certification may be paired with any major.
Minor requirements include:
- The student must be a degree candidate at Saint Anselm College.
- The student must complete the declaration of minor form with the Education Department Chair no later than the first semester of the junior year.
- The student must have a minimum grade point average of C (2.0) in all courses presented for the minor
- ED 240 - Principles of Teaching and Learning
- ED 480 - Internship in Education
And three electives from the following courses:
- ED 220 - Children's Literature
- ED 230 - Adolescent Literature
- ED 250 - Integrating Art and Creativity into Teaching
- ED 255 - Multicultural Perspectives on Public Schooling in the United States
- ED 270 - Autism Spectrum Disorders
- ED 311 - Getting Schooled: The Politics & Promise of American Education
- ED 322 - Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity in Education
- ED 340 - Curriculum and Assessment in Teaching
- TH/HU/ED 350: Catholic Schools in Today's Society
- ED 360 - Meeting the Needs of English Language Learners in the K-12 Classroom
(service learning requirement) [CITZ & WI]
(service learning requirement)[GLOBAL]