The French minor complements any field of study including art, law, business, music, history, politics, philosophy, life sciences, and gender studies.
The requirements of the French minor are:
- Four French courses (4 credits each) at or above the 300 level, including:
- FR 300
- at least one French course at or above the 350 level
- One course (4 credits) in a related field outside the department of Modern Languages and Literatures (determined in consultation with French faculty of the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures)
- At least three out of the five courses at Saint Anselm College (Courses taken abroad must be approved by the director of the minor)
- A comprehensive examination administered by the department in the student's last semester before graduation. A minimum average of 2.0 must be earned in the five courses in order to earn the minor.