Minor requirements include:
This minor introduces students to the main themes, issues, and questions of government and public policy. It covers the theoretical and practical dimensions of affairs of state and the relations between the state and citizenry on local, national, and international levels. It is designed to introduce students to the core of the discipline and, with three free electives, to give students the option to focus on any of its subfields.
The minor requires completion of five politics courses.
- The minor in Politics is available to full-time, degree candidate students who have a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or higher.
- Students must complete three of the core courses of the Politics discipline:
This requirement is as follows:
- PO 102 - American Government
- Either PO 104 - Comparative Politics or PO 106 - International Relations
- And, either PO 208 - Elements of Political Theory: Classical or PO 209 - Elements of Political Theory: Modern .
- Students must complete any two courses from any of the other offerings of the Politics Department .