The Sociology minor provides an opportunity for students from other majors to explore aspects of the field of Sociology of interest to them. Students should consult with the department chair or another member of the Sociology faculty in order to design a program of study that complements their major and academic interests. The Sociology minor consists of five total courses: two required (SO 101) and either SO 211, SO 212, or SO 325, and three sociology electives.
Minor requirements include:
- SO 101 - Introduction to Sociology
- SO 211 - Research Methods
- SO 212 - Social Statistics or
- SO 325 - Sociological Theory
- Three other Sociology courses (excluding SO357, SO359, SO450, SO451, SO 481, and SO485).
choose one of the following
Choose one of the following: