Geisel Library Resources
In support of the Center for Teaching Excellence, the Geisel Library has a collection of resources on teaching, learning, and other issues relevant to college faculty.
- This guide highlights some of the best books available in Geisel Library on teaching, learning, and other issues relevant to college faculty. It was created in support of Saint Anselm College's Center for Teaching Excellence.
- This guide is designed to help faculty locate useful online journal articles and Internet resources about teaching and learning. It was created in support of Saint Anselm College's Center for Teaching Excellence.
- More resources can be found on our restricted site, the Portal.
Academic Writing Groups Resources
- Resource List for Starting/Deepening Faculty Academic Writing Groups (Word/30KB)
- Ten Tips for Writers to Manage Time and Minimize Distractions (Word/30KB)
Workshop Related Resources
- Promoting Undergraduate Research:
- Quantitative Reasoning
- "Recognizing when a student needs more than academic support . . . and what to do about"
Teaching Observation Resources
The center maintains a list of faculty members (XL/15KB) willing to allow colleagues to observe their teaching by appointment and after discussion. No special talent in any area is implied by being on this list, other than a willingness to share teaching experience. Faculty interested in observing a new teaching technique, or seeing how a technique works in a different discipline, can contact listed faculty members directly.
Modified Class Schedule
What is a “MODIFIED CLASS SCHEDULE?”
When all members of the College community are invited to the Abbey Church for the celebration of Mass at 10:30 a.m., such as the Beginning of the Academic Year, All Saint’s Day or other special events, a modified class schedule provides for shortened class time to make it possible for anyone to attend the mass.
The following schedule of morning classes will be observed as the modified class schedule for M/W/F classes:
• 8/8:30 a.m. classes - will meet 8/8:30 a.m. until 9:00 a.m.
• 9:30 a.m. classes - will meet 9:10 a.m. until 9:40 a.m.
• 10:30 a.m. classes - will meet 9:50 a.m. until 10:20 a.m.
• Mass in the Abbey Church 10:30 a.m.
• The regular class schedule resumes at 11:30 a.m.
- Faculty Resource Program for New Faculty