Anselmian 360 is an overnight experience for all first-year students to further orient them to Saint Anselm College's intellectual, social, and spiritual resources. Interaction with professional staff and student leaders will help all students gain a fuller understanding of the possibilities and challenges of a Benedictine education.
All members of the Class of 2023 attend Anselmian 360. We have three opportunities for incoming students to attend. Some trips fill up faster than others, so make sure you register quickly for the trip that works best for you!
Please log in to the enrollment portal to complete your registration by following this link: https://admission.anselm.edu/portal/enrollment
Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-641-7317 for instructions on how to go on an Anselmian 360, or with any questions or concerns!
- August 2-3 (Groton, MA)
- August 3-4 (Groton, MA)
- August 10-11 (Groton, MA)
Saint Anselm College is committed to the growth and development of our students' intellectual, social, and spiritual lives, and as a part of this commitment, Anselmian 360 is completely free and all transportation is provided.
While the program is run by staff and students from Saint Anselm, each Anselmian 360 is held at Grotonwood Retreat Center in Groton, MA. 167 Prescott St. Groton, MA 01450. Students are encouraged to drive directly to the Grotonwood Retreat Center for the A360 trip the registered for. For those unable to commute to Grotonwood directly, they can come to the Saint Anselm Campus and we will provide them with transportation. Arrivals to Grotonwood by 3:30 p.m. departures from Grotonwood at 2:30 p.m.
- August 2-3
- August 3-4
- August 10-11
- Linens and blanket for a twin bed, or sleeping bag
- Bath towel
- Comfortable clothing (dress warmly for our January trips!)
- Water bottle
- Beach towel (optional for our early fall trips)
- Bathing suit (optional for our early fall trips)
We also recommend double checking the weather a few days before Anselmian 360! We will be outside often, so you may want to bring a sweatshirt, rain jacket, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I attend Anselmian 360?
Try to imagine what your first semester of college is like. Just a short summer removed from high school, you arrive on campus elated, yet scared; exhilarated, but a bit unsure of yourself. Like many of your classmates you may wonder:
• Will I make friends easily?
• What does it mean to be Benedictine and Anselmian?
• Will I find opportunities to be involved?
To help you negotiate this important crossroad, Saint Anselm College has established Anselmian 360. This one night trip gives first-year students a chance to gather in an off-campus, relaxing environment to take a look at both the possibilities and challenges that college poses for its newest members. As an Anselmian 360 participant, you will hear senior, junior, and sophomore student leaders speak personally about their own college experiences, focusing particularly on their first-year ups and downs. You will also have a chance to discuss important issues such as:
• What kinds of things are most important to me?
• Who are the Benedictines?
• What kinds of friends and relationships do I want in college?
• How can I grow spiritually in college?
• How can I get involved on campus in a way that is meaningful to me?
Anselmian 360 will offer you opportunities to:
• Prepare for your college experience
• Determine new ways to capitalize on your college experience
• Meet new friends and mentors
• Relax and have fun away from campus
What do former participants have to say?
- "I definitely experienced growth this weekend. It gave me more perspective, and made me want to put spirituality in a more important spot in my life."
- “I loved my leaders. This was the first time I felt community here.”
- "I was very inspired by the people in my small group to really think about the topics and plan to implement them in my life."
- "I liked being able to talk about faith with my peers and how it effects their lives, especially at SAC."
- “My small group was a good way to get deeper into conversation and to be heard.”
- “I really didn’t know what to expect coming into this weekend but it was really an awesome experience.”
- “I expected religious stuff and praying, but it turned out to be so much more than that.”
How do I switch trips?
Please view the Saint Anselm College enrolling students portal for the trip you wish to attend. Additionally, please email us at A360@anselm.edu to alert us to the fact that you have switched trips. Be sure to identify which trip you want to be removed from and which trip you wish to attend.