Anselmian 360 is an overnight experience for all first-year students to further orient them to Saint Anselm College's intellectual, social, and spiritual resources. Interaction with professional staff and student leaders will help all students gain a fuller understanding of the possibilities and challenges of a Benedictine education.
Your First Year
Try to imagine what your first semester of college is like. Just a short summer removed from high school, you arrive on campus elated, yet scared; exhilarated, but a bit unsure of yourself. Like many of your classmates you may wonder:
- Will I make friends easily?
- What does it mean to be Benedictine and Anselmian?
- Will I find opportunities to be involved?
To help you negotiate this important crossroad, Saint Anselm College has established Anselmian 360. This one night trip gives first-year students time to get away from campus during the hectic fall semester to take a look at both the possibilities and challenges that college poses for its newest members. As an Anselmian 360 participant, you will hear senior, junior, and sophomore student leaders speak personally about their own college experiences, focusing particularly on their first-year ups and downs. You will also have a chance to discuss important issues such as:
- What kinds of things are most important to me?
- Who are the Benedictines?
- What kinds of friends and relationships do I want in college?
- How can I grow spiritually in college?
- How can I get involved on campus in a way that is meaningful to me?
Anselmian 360 will offer you opportunities to:
- Reflect on your college experience
- Determine new ways to capitalize on your college experience
- Meet new friends and mentors
- Relax and have fun away from campus
What do former participants have to say?
- "I was very inspired by the people in my small group to really think about the topics and plan to implement them in my life."
- "I came in expecting a decent amount of time to reflect my past experiences at Saint Anselm. This trip helped me look at these events over the past year and assisted in me comprehending how much I've grown as a person."
- "I definitely experienced growth this weekend. It gave me more perspective, and made me want to put spirituality in a more important spot in my life."
- "I liked being able to talk about faith with my peers and how it effects their lives, especially at SAC."
Frequently Asked Questions
When is Anselmian 360?
- January 14 -15, 2018 - For all first-year students who could not fit into the August or September trips
- Football Team ONLY: January 13-14, 2018 - For all first-year football players only
Contact Sarah Catherine Richardson at email@example.com or 603-641-7317 for instructions on how to go on an Anselmian 360, or with any questions or concerns!
How much does Anselmian 360 cost?
Saint Anselm College is committed to the growth and development of our students' intellectual, social, and spiritual lives, and as a part of this commitment, Anselmian 360 is completely free and all transportation is provided.
Where is Anselmian 360 held?
Each Anselmian 360 is held at a different off-campus location full of New England charm.
- Both January 2018 trips will be held in Groton, MA.
What should I bring?
- Linens and blanket for a twin bed, or sleeping bag
- Bath towel
- Comfortable clothing (dress warmly for our January trips!)
- Water bottle
- Beach towel (optional for our early fall trips)
- Bathing suit (optional for our early fall trips)
We also recommend double checking the weather a few days before Anselmian 360! We will be outside often, so you may want to bring a sweatshirt, rain jacket, etc.
How do I get involved?
Contact Sarah Catherine Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-641-7317 for instructions on how to go on an Anselmian 360, or with any questions or concerns!