College Health Services, temporarily located in the gray modular facility in the parking lot across from Dominic Hall, provides a wide range of confidential medical, health, and counseling services to resident and non-resident students. Our skilled professional staff of medical clinicians and counselors is committed to wellness and prevention with emphasis on treating the whole person. Our primary goal is to foster the physical and emotional well-being of students and provide information encouraging healthy behaviors to benefit students now and in the future.

Throughout our Web pages, you will find information about our services and resources. Additional information about our services is available through the Student Handbook.

College Health Services is a member of the American College Health Association, the American Nurses Association, New England College Health Association, and is licensed as an educational health facility by the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services.

We welcome your calls and visits.

    Learn More

    • Entrance Requirements and Forms

      College Health Services requires a completed medical history, physical examination, updated immunizations, and other forms to be completed by all entering freshmen and transfer students.

      Students should input your health information directly to the Health Services Patient Portal. As an alternative, health forms can be accessed by visiting the college portal or download below:

      Important Note: The health form packet, received by students at the time of admission, must be completed and on file with the college before you register for classes so proper medical treatment may be given should the need arise during the academic year.

      Managed Care Insurance Info

      Managed Care Insurance Information (HMO, PPO, etc.)

      All Saint Anselm students are REQUIRED to carry health insurance.

      If you will be covered by an HMO while a student at Saint Anselm College, please be advised that many HMO's refuse to pay for non emergency medical care by physicians who are not employed by their health care plan. This may necessitate that you return home for care in the case of an illness that is not an emergency. Also, medications are not usually covered if the medication is ordered by a nurse practitioner or physician outside their plan.

      Medicaid from any state other than New Hampshire does not cover the student for expenses incurred in New Hampshire.

      You and your parent or legan guardian need to be aware of exactly what steps need to be followed in order to insure that your HMO will pay for out-of-area care in non-emergency and emergency situations.

      The staff at Health Services will do all that we can to insure that your son/daughter notifies the proper person regarding out-of-area charges for medical care, but ultimately costs incurred will be the parents' responsibility. It is important for the student to know the proper procedures for obtaining authorization for payment from his/her HMO provider.

      Note: Insurance information for citizens of the United States or international students will be mailed to you over the summer or may be obtained from the Treasurer's Office or College Health Services.

      You will be billed for college health insurance unless you return the WAIVER CARD with proof of insurance. Read more information about college health insurance and the steps you or your parent need to take.
      International students may obtain forms from the Director of Multicultural Services

    • Insurance

      All students are required to carry health insurance. Student health insurance, available to all full-time, matriculated students, is available at minimal cost through the College Business Office. Saint Anselm College is not responsible for the cost of illness or injury incurred while an individual is enrolled here as a student.

      For more information about health insurance, please contact the Business Office.

      Student Health Insurance is offered through the Cross Agency.

      Claim Form

      For your convenience, we have provided helpful links, including a copy of our student insurance claim form. Please contact our office if you have any questions filling out the claim form.

    • Health Resources

      We have compiled a list of helpful resources and web sites to assist students in maintaining a healthy and productive lifestyle during college and beyond.

      Self-Test for Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety or PTSD

        Resources about Mental Health and Suicide

        • Call "911" from your cell or "555" from a campus phone
        • Health Services After Hours Counseling Emergency: (603) 641-7000
        • NAMI NH: (800) 242-6264
        • Manchester Mental Health Center: (603) 668-4111
        • ULifeline
        • Suicide Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
        • Women's Crisis Line (24 service) (603) 668-2299
        • YWCA Walk-in Center: 72 Concord Street, Manchester, NH (603) 625-5785

        Important Health Notices to Saint Anselm Students

        Campus Resources

        • Please refer to the office of Residence Life and education for wellness as well as substance-free housing options.
        • Contact Rosemary Stackpole in Dining Services with any dietary accommodation requests or concerns.

        Online Resources

        • We have compiled a number of links to websites that offer helpful information on a variety of physical and mental-health topics.