Included as part of your campus technology, Media Services provides a comprehensive package of cable TV channels. View the channel line-up (PDF/138KB). All residence hall rooms have a cable TV hookup. However, you will need to furnish your own cable-ready TV (with a tuner capable of receiving a digital clear QAM signal) and coaxial cable to connect. Please note the following:
- All of our channels now have an HD option. To receive HD channels, you need a HD-compatible TV.
- All content is now digital. Check the specifications from your TV manufacturer to determine if it includes the required tuner. Some older or less expensive TVs sometimes come with a lower quality QAM tuner that may be unable to broadcast. You can purchase an external QAM tuner conversion box, but it must be a conversion box that is compatible. NTSC and ATSC conversion boxes are not compatible.
With XFINITY Stream, students can watch your favorite TV shows, sports, and movies anytime, anywhere on campus.
Only XFINITY gives more to stream on any screen, with 100+ live channels and thousands of FREE On Demand selections available directly on laptop, desktop and mobile devices (Apple, Android, Kindle, Roku).
Students can even access their own DVR libraries on the go and download recorded shows to watch when offline.
To access XFINITY Stream, students can visit www.xfinityoncampus.com.
How to Determine if Your TV is Working Properly
If you are experiencing TV problems:
- Try plugging your TV into another room's plug. If your TV works, the wall connection may have a problem and should be reported to Physical Plant for service.
- If your TV still does not work, please double-check the tuner compatibility and purchase a QAM tuner conversion box, if required.
- Feel free to reach out to email@example.com, if the above steps do not alleviate the issue.