Challenging times reveal the importance of community. As a fundamental value of Anselmian life, community is even more critical during these unprecedented times. We know that many of our students are facing serious financial hardship as a result of having to move off-campus, leave jobs and internships, or travel. For this reason, our community has established the Anselmian Student Relief Fund to assist students who are encountering extenuating circumstances that might prevent them from continuing their education at Saint Anselm College.
- These funds are not intended to be used for routine expenses or as a replacement for other financial aid and resources available to a student.
- These funds are a supplemental resource for extenuating circumstances beyond existing resources available to students at Saint Anselm College.
- Priority will be given to students whose ability to complete the current academic term at Saint Anselm College may be at immediate risk.
- Please note that while this financial assistance does not need to be repaid, it may be considered as taxable income and subject to federal tax regulations.
- Applicants must have a financial hardship resulting from unplanned expenses that cannot be met by other means, including personal and family resources, and that potentially inhibits or threatens their ability to successfully complete the current semester.
- All other applicant resources, including Student Financial Aid, must have been considered and must be either insufficient, unavailable, or not available in a timely manner.
Expenses and Circumstances Considered for Funding:
- Assistance of basic human needs (food, shelter/rent, utilities, and other essential household expenses)
- Medications and other costs related to medical care
- Health insurance premiums (in some circumstances)
- Mental health services
- Essential academic expenses for completing the current academic term
- Support for students who do not have an internet connection at home
- Assistance with replacement of essential personal belongings if lost or inaccessible due to moving off campus
- Travel expenses for students who had to return home unexpectedly
- Moving and storage fees
- Tuition and/or fees in some circumstances
Requests for funding are not limited to these circumstances as stated. All requests for funding will be considered by the committee and awarded based on the severity of the situation.
Apply to the Anselmian Student Relief Fund
Students facing serious financial hardship are encouraged to apply by completing an application and submitting it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Anselmian Student Relief Fund Committee will review all applications and funding shall be awarded based on the severity of the situation.
Support the Anselmian Student Relief Fund
In these uncertain times, we are all looking for ways to help others. You can support students in need by making a gift to the Anselmian Student Relief Fund today.
In lieu of a room-and-board refund, students and families also have the option to apply their credit to the Anselmian Student Relief Fund. Please contact James F. Flanagan, Senior Vice President for College Advancement and Chief Advancement Officer at email@example.com for more information.
Every donation will help a student in need – giving them the opportunity to succeed. Thank you for helping a Saint Anselm student today.