The World Needs More Anselmians
In challenging times, it’s more important than ever for Saint Anselm College to prepare students to think critically, serve selflessly, and lead ethically on the Hilltop and beyond. Our world needs Anselmians who will be there for others in times of need. Your generous giving helps make that vision possible.
One Anselmian Community. Many Reasons to Give.
- A Saint Anselm education is life transforming and our students graduate ready to lead and succeed in their professions and their communities.
- Saint Anselm is a nonprofit college that relies on charitable support to fund the great academic resources, faculty, facilities, and co-curricular programs that make the Anselmian experience so special.}
Our Benedictine Values
- Tuition alone can’t cover the true cost of this Benedictine living learning community that teaches our students to think critically, grow spiritually, serve selflessly, and lead ethically.
- Many young men and women of promise need financial aid to access this rigorous liberal arts education rooted in Catholic, Benedictine values.
- Our Anselmian pride. We are proud of who we are and what our college stands for. And we want to strengthen Saint A’s for the future and give a hand up to the next generation of Anselmian students.
- Our tight-knit community gains strength through giving back. Saint Anselm College will be as great as our alumni, parents, and friends want us to be.
- Stand up for Saint Anselm. Your support shows Saint A’s matters to you and helps the college’s ranking in publications such as U.S. News & World Report. Alumni giving rates also influence prospective students who want to join a committed alumni community.
- The world needs more Anselmians. Anselmians graduate prepared to live lives of meaning and ready to help make the world a better place for all.
What will be your reason for giving this year?
Charitable Giving Benefits Under the CARES Act of 2020
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and accompanying economic uncertainty, Congress earlier this year passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act, or CARES Act. The Act included new tax rules for charitable giving in 2020, and action before December 31 may be very beneficial to you.
The CARES Act provides significant charitable giving provisions for individuals and corporations in the 2020 tax year, including a $300 charitable deduction for non-itemizers. Even if you do not itemize deductions on your 2020 tax return, your gift to Saint Anselm can reduce your 2020 taxable income by up to $300. This is a special benefit for 2020 - for gifts by December 31.
In addition, and only for the 2020 tax year, individuals who do itemize their deductions may deduct cash gifts up to 100% of their adjusted gross income (AGI) compared to the typical 60% allowance.
A taxpayer who makes the 100% AGI election can carry forward unused qualified cash gift deductions up to 5 years. The carryforward will be subject to the normal 60% of AGI limit, as are cash deductions carried forward from past years. Contributions to donor advised funds or supporting organizations are not eligible for this deduction. If you have been considering a major or endowed gift to Saint Anselm College, this may be a great year do so!
Required minimum distributions (RMDs) from retirement plans are waived for 2020. However, qualified charitable distributions are still a great way, if you are 701/2 or older, to make contributions. If you are 701/2 or older, a qualified charitable distribution ("QCD" or "IRA charitable rollover") allows you to make a tax-free gift of up to $100,000 to Saint Anselm from your IRA. While the benefit of using a QCD to satisfy your required minimum distribution has been waived for 2020, a qualified charitable distribution remains a great benefit for making tax-advantaged contributions, especially if you don't itemize your deductions.
For more information, contact Peter Labombarde, Senior Director, Gift Planning at (603) 714-2322 or firstname.lastname@example.org.