Four advanced German courses plus a course from another department, e.g., History, Politics, or Humanities (e.g., Germany-USA), complete the requirements for a minor in German.
The Modern Languages and Literatures Department awards a minor for advanced studies in French, German or Spanish to full-time, degree-candidate students not majoring in modern languages.
- Four courses in the chosen language beyond the intermediate level, one course of the four being a literature or culture and civilization course.*
- One course in a related field outside the Modern Languages and Literatures Department to be determined in consultation with the director of the minor and faculty of the Modern Languages and Literatures Department.
- At least three of the five courses must be taken at Saint Anselm College.*
- A minimum average of "C+" must be earned in the five courses for the minor. No course will be accepted in which a grade below "C" is assigned.
- A comprehensive examination administered by the department. Further information on the acceptance of advanced language courses taken in overseas programs may be obtained from the director of the minor.