Technical Requirements for Online Learning
- Any newer laptop or desktop running Windows 7/Mac OSX 10.6 or higher should be more than enough
- Speakers (headset with microphone recommended)
- DSL internet connection or higher
- Web browser - Internet Explorer 8 or higher, Mozilla Firefox 11 or higher, Safari, or Google Chrome (Firefox strongly recommended)
- Additional Software or Plug-ins:
- Microsoft Office 2007 or higher / OpenOffice (free alternative)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (http://get.adobe.com/reader)
- Important Media Players
- Flash player (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer)
- For PC user: Windows Media Player (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/windows-media-player)
- For Mac user: Quick Time Player (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download
Assistance and support
There are various ways to seek technical assistance through the Office of Information Technology:
- Via telephone: (603) 222-4295: Staff is available during the Institute's regular hours of operation.
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org We will respond as quickly as possible when staff is in the office as per the Institute's Regular Hours of Operation.
We will support issues related to using our online learning courses only. If your computer or Internet connection is malfunctioning, please contact the appropriate support resource through your vendor.