Main Content

Applying for Aid

What is the difference between the PROFILE and FAFSA? Why do I need both?
The FAFSA is required of every student who wants to be considered for federal student aid and most state funds. It collects information to establish your eligibility for federal and state student aid. PROFILE is a supplemental form required by Saint Anselm College and many other private colleges and universities to determine your eligibility for Saint Anselm College need-based funds.

If you plan to take a leave of absence or withdraw from Saint Anselm College, you should schedule an appointment with the Business Office to discuss the financial implications of that decision. Withdrawing from Saint Anselm College during the semester may entitle you to a partial refund depending upon the date of departure. The total amount of your refund will be determined according to Saint Anselm College and federal refund policies. We must return all unused money to the federal government.  Please note that if you withdraw, you could owe money to Saint Anselm. 

The FAFSA asks for tax information from my parents and me. What should I do if I haven’t filed my tax returns?
You may fill out your FAFSA using estimated tax information. You’ll have the opportunity to correct this information when you receive the processed Student Aid Report (SAR). It’s better to use estimated tax information than risk missing the financial-aid deadline.

What kind of refund can I expect to receive if I withdraw from Saint Anselm?
If you completely withdraw from the College, allowable charges are determined by the College refund policy detailed in the catalogue. For the purposes of paying the costs that Title IV aid will not cover, all state and outside aid will apply. We will pro-rate your institutional aid and tuition according to the length of time enrolled until week six of the semester. 

What should I do if I have special circumstances not indicated in the FAFSA?
Send a letter detailing those circumstances, along with appropriate documentation, to the Saint Anselm College Office of Financial Aid. Examples of special circumstances could be loss of employment, unusually high medical expenses, or reduced income. Upon receipt of your letter and documentation, your eligibility will be re-evaluated.

I consider myself independent. Can I file as an independent student?
We believe financing your education is a family responsibility to the extent your family is able to help. Undergraduates who have living parents generally are required to file as dependent students. You may not file as an independent student unless you have highly unusual circumstances. Talk to a member of the financial aid staff if you think your circumstances warrant filing as an independent student.

What happens if I take a leave of absence or withdraw from Saint Anselm?

Week Refund
1-2 80%
3 60%
4 40%
5 20%

Housing refunds are calculated on a monthly basis and resident meal plans are prorated on a per diem basis.

View Mobile Site