When will we receive a bill? When is the payment due?
- The fall semester tuition bills will be mailed on July 16, 2014, and payment is due by August 1, 2014.
- The spring semester bill will be sent out on December 20, 2014, and payment will be due by January 2, 2015.
How much can I deduct for the Stafford Loan?
As long as you have completed the online loan counseling and the Federal Direct Master Promissory Note, one-half of the freshmen Stafford loan amount of $3,500.00 will be disbursed to the school 15 days before the beginning of the fall semester. The balance of the loan will be disbursed at the beginning of the spring semester. Origination fees will be deducted from the loan amount at the time of disbursement.
What about the PLUS loan that I applied for?
One-half of the PLUS loan will be disbursed 15 days before the beginning of the fall semester. The second disbursement will be received in January for the spring semester. If you have completed the Federal Direct Master Promissory Note and the Saint Anselm College Federal Direct Plus Loan Request form, you may deduct the first disbursement from the balance due for the fall semester. Origination fees will be deducted from the loan amount at the time of disbursement.
I applied for an alternative education loan. How is that applied?
Recent changes in federal law require that several different steps must be taken before an alternative loan can be processed. These generally include:
- completion of the loan application by the student, normally online;
- first disclosure providing general terms of the loan;
- completion of a self-certification form by the student;
- acknowledgement and acceptance by the student of the terms provided in the second disclosure;
- completion of the Saint Anselm Lender Selection Form and submission of the form to the Office of Financial Aid.
Once all these steps have been taken, and the loan has been certified by the Office of Financial Aid, one-half of the loan amount will be disbursed for the fall semester. The remainder of the loan will be disbursed in January for the spring semester.
What about outside scholarships?
If you received a scholarship, it will be sent to the college for the fall semester, you can deduct the amount from the balance due. However, you cannot deduct a scholarship, or that portion of a scholarship, that is applicable to the second semester. Please forward a copy of the scholarship award letter to both Financial Services and the Office of Financial Aid.
Is there an ATM machine on campus?
An ATM machine is located on the lower level of the Cushing Student Center. It is owned and operated by Citizens Bank.