We offer two meal plans for you to choose from. Both are declining balance plans designed to meet your nutritional and social needs. Our a-la-carte dining plan allows you to frequent our dining facilities as often as you choose. Each time a purchase is made with the meal card, a student's account balance is reduced accordingly. There is no purchase limit.
Resident Meal Plans
All students living in a traditional style dorm on campus are required to participate in the Resident Meal Plan. At the beginning of each semester, $2,527 of the room and board fee is allocated to that plan. After the system administration fee of $205 is deducted, the balance of $2,322 is credited into the meal account. A portion of the meal plan allowance, $1,857 is restricted for use at the main dining facility, Davison Hall, while an unrestricted portion of $465 may be used at any of the three dining facilities, Davison Hall, NHIOP Café, and after 7 p.m. at the Coffee Shop.
Unlike many college meal programs that have a "use it or lose it" policy, we do offer a rebate to those students who have a balance at the end of each semester. The rebate formulation for Resident Meal Plan participants is as follows:
|$ 2527.00||meal plan|
|- 205.00||system administration|
|$ 2,322.00||opening account balance|
|- 1,522.00||min. participation amount|
|800.00||max. balance eligible for rebate|
|- 480.00||(less 60% fixed operation costs)|
|$ 320.00||maximum rebate (40%)|
- Meal plan funds can not be used to purchase alcohol at the pub.
- Unrestricted funds are a percentage of your total Davison amount so they will be accessed for payments at Davison Hall once Davison only funds have depleted.
- Should you deplete all your funds on this plan, you may add more money to your Davison Hall account and receive a double dollar bonus.
- Additional dollars can be added to your Coffee Shop account, but without the double dollar bonus.
Additional Dining Dollars
If you deplete your meal plan money before the semester's end, we offer a "2-for-1" program. For every dollar added to an account, your meal plan will show twice that amount as the balance. For example, if a student adds $50 to his meal plan, $100 will be available to spend. The 2-for-1 program can be used only at Davison Hall. Any balance remaining from the student's added dining dollars will be refunded 100 percent and credited to the student's college account.
Optional Meal Plan
If you live in on-campus apartments or live off campus, you may participate in the Optional Meal Plan. No minimum opening balance is required. However, we recommend that you begin each semester with $1,400.
The Optional Meal Plan may be used any time at any of our dining facilities. Additional money may be added throughout the semester. The entire Optional Meal Plan balance may be carried over from one semester to the next. Additionally, the entire balance will be refunded to your college account upon completing your studies at Saint Anselm College.
- This plan can be used at all dining service facilities at anytime of the day or evening.
- No minimum opening balance is required.
- The entire account balance is available for use at the Davison Hall, the Coffee Shop and the Common Ground Cafe at any time.
- Meal plan funds cannot be used to purchase alcohol at the pub