As part of our comprehensive alcohol prevention program, Saint Anselm College is requiring each member of the first year class to complete AlcoholEdu for College -- an online, non-opinionated alcohol prevention program -- prior to entering the college.
Used on more than 450 campuses nationwide, the course uses science-based research to educate students about alcohol and its effects. Whether you drink or not, AlcoholEdu for College will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better cope with the drinking behavior of your peers.
Please note that the course includes three surveys that measure students' alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are strictly confidential; the college will only receive information about the student body as whole and will never see individual students' answers. You can feel confident providing truthful answers-no matter what they are-will not put you at any risk for repercussions.
You may begin AlcoholEdu for College any time after July 22, 2013.
The course has two sections, both of which must be completed to fulfill this requirement:
- The first part of the course takes roughly 3-4 hours to complete, and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. This section ends with the exam and survey 2. You must earn a grade of 75 or higher to pass and receive credit for the course. The deadline for finishing this section of the course is August 16,2013
- About 30 days after you complete the exam and survey 2, you will receive an e-mail asking you to complete the 4th (final chapter) and survey.
To begin AlcoholEdu for College you will need a computer with an internet connection.
Go to: www.alcoholedu.com
- Under New User enter the following Login ID: C183239A
- Click Create a new profile
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a "Next" button. Do not log out until you click the "Next" button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- When you return, log in as a returning user and enter the same e-mail address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support, the AlcoholEdu online technical support center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click the "Help" button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the help site.