Main Content

Optional Practical Training

Your application for post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT) must be received by the Vermont Service Center prior to completion of your studies. Otherwise, the application will be denied. You can no longer apply for OPT after completion of your program.

Change of Employer After Post-Completion OPT Has Been Authorized
You may change employers after you have begun authorized employment provided the new job is (1) directly related to your major field of study and (2) appropriate for someone having your level of education. You must notify the director of multicultural student services if your address changes.

View Mobile Site