Students participating in service learning must fulfill certain requirements in addition to class work, and need to complete forms for the Meelia Center as well as for faculty.
Requirements for Service Learning Students
- Perform at least 20 hours of service throughout the semester, and continue at site until the last week of the semester, even if hours have been completed
- Participate in all required orientations and reflection
- Be prompt and consistent attending site and always notify site of absences
- Take an active part in securing a service role that is consistent with course learning goals and personally challenging.
- Notify the Meelia Center immediately if you are having difficulty getting placed, or if your work is not adequate given the class learning goals and your own interests.
- Quickly respond to Meelia Staff requests for information, etc.