The Alva de Mars Megan Chapel Art Center is currently closed for renovations. Work will continue through the summer and into fall 2015. The gallery is expected to reopen in 2016.
For more information on gallery renovations, please visit the Renovation Information page or call (603) 641-7470 to speak with gallery staff.
About the Center
The Alva de Mars Megan Chapel Art Center is our gallery for the exhibition of fine art. Founded in 1967, this facility provides a gracious setting for special exhibitions and houses a permanent collection of artworks. It welcomes the campus and general public with exhibitions throughout the academic year.
Formerly the college's chapel, the Chapel Art Center maintains a beautifully decorated vaulted ceiling with allegorical lunettes painted by Father Raphael Pfisterer, O.S.B. (1877-1942) and magnificent stained glass windows. Its uniquely serene ambiance and rich historical significance make for the perfect cultural setting. As a center for the promotion of the fine arts, exhibitions coincide with lectures, tours, concerts, and recitals.