New Students Library Orientation
The goal is that students will take away from the library orientation a positive impression about the collections, staff, and facilities. Students' perception after orientation will be:
- The library provides access to everything I need.
- The staff is approachable and helpful.
- The library is a comfortable and inviting place to study and work.
- I will be taught how to find information in my freshman English classes.
Program Objectives and Learning Outcomes
- Welcome to Geisel Library - Introduce Library Services
Students will be aware of the library's collections and services.
- Introduce the Library's Homepage
Students will be aware of how to access the homepage of the Geisel Library website.
- Introduce the Catalog and Databases
Students will be aware of the information resources available through the library's website.
- Introduce the Research Guides and Tutorials
Students will be aware of resources on the library's website that provide instruction and help.
- Provide an Orientation to the Library's Physical Space
Students will be aware of the location of service desks and other points of interest.
- Emphasize Three Points to Remember
- 1. Geisel Library offers a comfortable environment for working alone or in groups.
- 2. Expectations are higher for college-level research.
- 3. Ask the library staff for help.