Anselmian 360 is an overnight experience for all first-year students to introduce you to Saint Anselm College's intellectual, social, and spiritual resources. Interaction with professional staff and student leaders help students gain a fuller understanding of the possibilities and challenges of a Benedictine education!
Your First Year
Try to imagine what your first semester of college is like. Just a short summer removed from high school, you arrive
on campus elated, yet scared; exhilarated, but a bit unsure of yourself. Like many of your classmates you may wonder:
- Will I make friends easily?
- What does it mean to be Benedictine and Anselmian?
- Will I find opportunities to be involved?
To help you negotiate this important crossroad, Saint Anselm College has established Anselmian 360. This one night trip gives first-year students a chance to gather in an off-campus, relaxing environment to take a look at both the possibilities and challenges that college poses for its newest members. As an Anselmian 360 participant, you will hear senior, junior, and sophomore student leaders speak personally about their own college experiences, focusing particularly on their first-year ups and downs. You will also have a chance to discuss important issues such as:
- What kinds of things are most important to me?
- Who are the Benedictines?
- What kinds of friends and relationships do I want in college?
- How can I grow spiritually in college?
- How can I get involved on campus in a way that is meaningful to me?
Anselmian 360 will offer you opportunities to:
- Prepare for your college experience
- Determine new ways to capitalize on your college experience
- Meet new friends and mentors
- Relax and have fun away from campus
What do former participants have to say?
- "I definitely experienced growth this weekend. It gave me more perspective, and made me want to put spirituality in a more important spot in my life."
- "I loved my leaders. This was the first time I felt community here."
- "I was very inspired by the people in my small group to really think about the topics and plan to implement them in my life."
- "I liked being able to talk about faith with my peers and how it effects their lives, especially at SAC."
- "My small group was a good way to get deeper into conversation and to be heard."
- "I really didn't know what to expect coming into this weekend but it was really an awesome experience."
- "I expected religious stuff and praying, but it turned out to be so much more than that."
Frequently Asked Questions
When is Anselmian 360?
Students have the option of a pre-orientation or post-orientation trip! While all members of the Class of 2021 will attend Anselmian 360, there are limited numbers of spaces on each trip, so register soon to reserve your spot on the dates you want! Register online now!
- The August 7-8, 2017 Anselmian 360 trip is now full. Please contact us at A360@anselm.edu if you have any questions or concerns.
- Post-Orientation: The September 8-9, 2017 Anselmian 360 trip is now full. Please contact us at A360@anselm.edu if you have any questions or concerns.
- NEW Overflow registration: January 14 -15, 2018 - for those first year students who could not fit into the August or September Anselmian 360 program.
- Freshman Football (only) registration: January 13-14, 2018 - for all first year football players whose pre-season schedule inhibited them from participating in the summer Anselmian 360 program.
How much does Anselmian 360 cost?
Saint Anselm College is committed to the growth and development of our students, and as a part of this commitment, Anselmian 360 is completely free and all transportation is provided! Students attending the pre-orientation trip in August will meet at Saint Anselm College to depart from and return to once the trip is over.
Where is Anselmian 360 held?
Anselmian 360 is held at an off-campus location full of New England charm! Our trips go to different centers, but all of them have options for hiking, swimming, and relaxing!
What should I bring?
- Linens and blanket for a twin bed, or sleeping bag
- Bath towel
- Comfortable clothing
- Water bottle
- Beach towel (optional)
- Bathing suit (optional)
We also recommend double checking the weather a few days before Anselmian 360! We will be outside often, so you may want to bring a sweatshirt for cool evenings, rain jacket, etc.
How do I register?
Registration is available online!
Please feel free to email us at A360@anselm.edu with any questions you may have, or reach out to the program director, Sarah Catherine Richardson, directly at 603-641-7317. [Please be advised that this office operates on summer hours and may not immediately available via telephone, however email is checked on a regular basis.]