International Transfer Applicants
International transfer students need to submit the following materials to be considered for admission.
You may submit a Saint Anselm application or Common Application. This is where you will complete and submit your application including the college essay. Additionally, you will be asked to answer a few Saint Anselm College member questions.
A $50 fee is required with each application. Saint Anselm College will waive the $50 application fee for the following students:
- Visitors to Campus: Register today for an official visit before you submit your application and your fee will be waived. Students will receive details regarding the waiver within 24 hours of the conclusion of their visit.
- First Generation Domestic and International Students: For this purpose, a first-generation college student is defined as a student whose parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have not completed a bachelor’s degree. All other applicants can contact their school counselor to see if they are eligible for an application fee waiver.
College transcripts need to be submitted from every school you have attended. All transcripts should be in English. Please have transcripts emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your high school transcript needs to be submitted directly from your high school. The transcript should include final grades from 9, 10, 11 and 12. It should also include your date of graduation. All transcripts should be in English. Please have transcripts emailed to email@example.com or submitted through the Common Application.
Recommendation letters or a completed Academic Evaluation for Transfer Students from your professors will help us to learn more about you. One recommendation letter is required and it is strongly suggested that you submit a letter from one of your most recent college courses.
The transfer college report is required so that we can learn more about where you are coming from. To be considered official, the report must be completed by a college official. We require that a report is submitted from your current or most recent institution. Download the transfer college report below.
The mid-term report allows us to evaluate your most recent college courses. The form should be completed by your college instructors for the courses in which you are currently enrolled. We are looking for your current grade in the course, not your mid-term exam grade. Download the mid-term report below.
In order to award college credit, you will need to submit course descriptions for all of your college courses that you have previously completed or are currently taking. Course descriptions can be found in college catalogues from all your previous institutions. Please feel free to email descriptions to the Office of Admission.
If your native language is not English, or you are attending a school where English is not the primary language of instruction, you must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting the TOEFL, IELTS, ACT or SAT exam score.
- TOEFL: Minimum Score Required is 80 (internet-based TOEFL)
- IELTS: Minimum Score Required is 6.5
- ACT: Minimum Score Required is 26
- SAT: Minimum Score Required is 660
The certificate of finances form is required for all non-U.S. citizens. Download a copy of the certificate of finances form below.
We require that all non-U.S. citizens submit an original bank statement issued within the last 6 months. The statement is used to determine what you and your family can contribute towards the cost of tuition and living expenses. Bank statements can be emailed to Marilu McCambly.
If you are interested in applying for our Fine Arts program or would like to share your visual and performance art as part of your application, you can submit a free portfolio through SlideRoom. Saint Anselm College partners with Slideroom, which is integrated with the Common Application. All portfolios will be evaluated by a Fine Arts faculty member at Saint Anselm College. To create a portfolio, you can use the link embedded in the Common Application or you can create an account through Slideroom.
Credit Evaluation Process
Preliminary credit evaluations are completed for all transfer students admitted to Saint Anselm College. You will receive a copy of your credit evaluation with your offer of admission or shortly thereafter. An official credit evaluation is completed once you enroll at the college. In order for the Registrar's Office to complete your official credit evaluation, all final transcripts and course descriptions must be submitted. Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page to learn more about the transfer process.
If you completed college courses outside of the United States, please contact Marilu McCambly to learn how to submit your transcripts for evaluation.
- Transfer College Report PDF file, less than 0 mb Download Transfer College Report document
- Transfer Mid-term Report PDF file, less than 1 mb Download Transfer Mid-term Report document
- International Student Certificate of Finances PDF file, less than 1 mb Download International Student Certificate of Finances document