About the Chapel Art Center
The Alva de Mars Megan Chapel Art Center is Saint Anselm College's gallery for the exhibition of fine art. Founded in 1967, this facility provides a gracious setting for special exhibitions and houses a permanent collection of artworks. It welcomes the campus and general public with exhibitions throughout the academic year.
Formerly the college's chapel, the Chapel Art Center maintains a beautifully decorated vaulted ceiling with allegorical lunettes painted by Father Raphael Pfisterer, O.S.B. (1877-1942) and magnificent stained glass windows. Its uniquely serene ambiance and rich historical significance make for the perfect cultural setting. As a center for the promotion of the fine arts, exhibitions coincide with lectures, tours, concerts, and recitals.