The World Needs More Anselmians
In challenging times, it’s more important than ever for Saint Anselm College to prepare students to think critically, serve selflessly, and lead ethically on the Hilltop and beyond. Our world needs Anselmians who will be there for others in times of need. Your generous giving helps make that vision possible.
One Anselmian Community. Many Reasons to Give.
- A Saint Anselm education is life transforming and our students graduate ready to lead and succeed in their professions and their communities.
- Saint Anselm is a nonprofit college that relies on charitable support to fund the great academic resources, faculty, facilities, and co-curricular programs that make the Anselmian experience so special.
Our Benedictine Values
- Tuition alone can’t cover the true cost of this Benedictine living learning community that teaches our students to think critically, grow spiritually, serve selflessly, and lead ethically.
- Many young men and women of promise need financial aid to access this rigorous liberal arts education rooted in Catholic, Benedictine values.
- Our Anselmian pride. We are proud of who we are and what our college stands for. And we want to strengthen Saint A’s for the future and give a hand up to the next generation of Anselmian students.
- Our tight-knit community gains strength through giving back. Saint Anselm College will be as great as our alumni, parents, and friends want us to be.
- Stand up for Saint Anselm. Your support shows Saint A’s matters to you and helps the college’s ranking in publications such as U.S. News & World Report. Alumni giving rates also influence prospective students who want to join a committed alumni community.
- The world needs more Anselmians. Anselmians graduate prepared to live lives of meaning and ready to help make the world a better place for all.
What will be your reason for giving this year?
For taxpayers who itemize deductions, the adjusted gross income (AGI) limit for cash contributions to qualifying public charities remains higher for individual donors. for cash contributions made in 2022, you can elect to deduct up to 60% of your AGI.
The carry-over rules still apply in 2022, so if your donations this year exceed your AGI deduction limits, you can still carry forward excess deductions for up to five subsequent tax years. Of course, you should always consult with your tax and legal advisors when considering higher levels of charitable giving.
IRA Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs)
The CARES Act of 2020 did not change the rules for QCDs, which allow individuals over 70-1/2 years old to donate up to $100,000 in IRA assets directly to charity annually, without taking the distribution into taxable income. Again, you must be age 70-1/2 or above to make a QCD.
However, individuals over 59-1/2 can still take penalty-free taxable distributions from their IRAs. Remember that you can elect to deduct 60 percent of AGI for cash charitable contributions. This effectively allows individuals over 59-1/2 years old a gifting method similar to a QCD; you take a cash distribution from your IRA, contribute the cash to charity, and may completely offset tax on the distribution by taking a charitable deduction in that amount up to 60 percent of AGI.
For more information, contact Peter Labombarde, Senior Director, Gift Planning, at (603) 641-7228 or firstname.lastname@example.org