The Key to Beginning a Successful College Career!
August 24 - 26, 2020
For new students who would like to get acquainted with campus before the bustle of Freshman Move-In Day, the Center for Intercultural Learning and Inclusion is offering the Transitions Program. Transitions is a free program that was designed to strengthen the academic, social and cultural experiences of first-year students. It is particularly relevant for students from traditionally underrepresented (commuter, first-generation, & multicultural) groups, but students from ALL backgrounds are encouraged to participate. This program compliments the College's New Student Orientation Program (held August 27 - 30), by presenting students with a preview of campus life.
Transitions was not created to replace the larger Orientation program; students who participate are strongly encouraged to attend all New Student Orientation events. Participants will spend three days on campus before New Student Orientation connecting with student leaders, getting familiar with campus resources and services, and learning strategies to successfully transition from high school to college. They will be provided an opportunity to network with fellow Saint Anselm students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Beyond the first week of the program (throughout the year), Transitions aims to provide a welcoming and supportive community for students. Activities and resources with an emphasis on academic readiness, campus support, and social/cultural enrichment will be provided. Participants will be paired with a mentor who they will meet with monthly. Space will be limited, so you are encouraged to register early.
- Meet new people (students, faculty, staff & alumni)
- Move in early before New Student Orientation
- Get a preview of campus life
- Learn college success skills
- Personal meeting with faculty from your major
- Participate in a service opportunity
- Get paired with a mentor
- Free T-Shirt!
- Welcome Letter » (PDF/278KB)
- Flyer » (PDF/3.8MB)
- Find Answers to Frequently Asked Questions » (PDF/297KB)
- View the Tentative Schedule » (PDF/397KB)
- Please log in to the enrollment portal to complete your registration »