Diversity and Inclusion Innovation Fund is a program that supports faculty, staff, and students in the development of a project that will advance diversity and inclusion (see definitions below).
To incentivize Saint Anselm College community-based initiatives that will speed campus improvement in the area of diversity and inclusion. Funds indicate a targeted, institutional investment designed to encourage cross-campus collaborations to improve diversity and inclusion for long-term community growth. Such investment and collaboration flow from our Catholic and Benedictine values.
At A Glance
• Eligibility: all faculty, staff, and students.
• Application deadlines: once per fall and spring semester.
• Duration: one semester or one academic year
• Amount awarded: up to $2,500
Administration and Selection
The funds are administered through the Chief Diversity Officer (CDO), Dr. Ande Diaz. The review committee will be appointed by the CDO and be chaired by a member of the President’s Committee on Diversity and Inclusivity (PCDI) and will include staff, faculty, and students.
The Diversity Innovation Fund is awarded through a competitive grant application process. Not all projects will be funded. PCDI places a high priority on projects and initiatives designed to assist the college realize its mission as a Catholic, Benedictine, liberal arts institution with projects that work toward sustaining an intentionally inclusive environment. In addition, successful proposals will involve collaboration between or among groups within the campus community. Faculty, staff, and students are eligible to receive funds.
The selection committee invites grant proposals that advance inclusion in light of the college’s mission in one or more of the following areas:
- Recruitment and retention
- Dialogue and civil discourse for social equity
- Curricular/co-curricular collaborations
- Enhanced student learning within and beyond the classroom
- Integration of local/global diversity
- Faculty research and teaching re: diversity
- Students’ understanding of collaboration and inclusion
- Faculty, student, staff partnerships
This year’s deadline is February 22, 2018, for fall 2018 awards. Announcements of recipients of the innovation funds will be made in early December to publicize their upcoming initiatives to the community. Note: All student initiated proposals need to be sponsored by an academic department or administrative office for funding purposes.
- January 26, 2018 Request for proposals (RFP) (PDF/164KB) released
- February 22, 2018 Deadline for submission of proposal and budget is 5:30 p.m.
- Please provide estimate breakdown of how funds will be used
- Please specify exactly how the proposal meets the criteria for funding project.
- Students must include a letter of sponsorship from a faculty or staff member of a sponsoring department
- Application Cover Sheet (PDF/89KB)
- Submit proposals with the application cover sheet via email to Diversity & Inclusion Innovation Fund, email@example.com. For questions, please contact Laurie Nicewicz at (603) 641-7150.
Typical grants will range from $500 to $2,500.
Note: Application deadline for spring 2019 proposals is November, 2018
Diversity – includes individual and group/social differences. [The Saint Anselm community is inclusive of individuals who reflect a broad range of social identities including the following: Socioeconomic Class, Race, Ethnicity, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Disability, Religion, Politics, National Origin, and First Generation]
Inclusion - The active, intentional, and ongoing engagement with diversity.