Diversity and Inclusion Innovation Fund is a program that supports faculty, staff, monastic, and student community members in the development of a project that will advance diversity and inclusion (see definitions below).
To incentivize Saint Anselm College community-based initiatives that will speed campus improvement in the area of diversity and inclusion. Funds indicate a targeted, institutional investment designed to encourage cross-campus collaborations to improve diversity and inclusion for long-term community growth. Such investment and collaboration flow from our Catholic and Benedictine values.
At A Glance
- Eligibility: all faculty, staff, monastic, and student community members.
- Application deadlines: once per fall and spring semester.
- Duration: one semester or one academic year.
- Typical grants range from $500 to $2,500
Administration and Selection
The funds are administered through the Chief Diversity Officer (CDO), Dr. Ande Diaz. The review committee will be appointed by the CDO and chaired by a member of the President’s Committee on Diversity and Inclusiveness (PCDI) and includes faculty, staff, monastic, and student community members.
The Diversity Innovation Fund is awarded through a competitive grant application process. Not all projects will be funded. PCDI places a high priority on projects and initiatives designed to assist the college realize its mission as a Catholic, Benedictine, liberal arts institution with projects that work toward sustaining an intentionally inclusive environment. In addition, successful proposals will involve collaboration between or among groups within the campus community. Faculty, staff, monastic, and student community members are eligible to receive funds.
The selection committee invites grant proposals that advance inclusion in light of the college’s mission in one or more of the following areas:
- Recruitment and retention
- Dialogue and civil discourse for social equity
- Curricular/co-curricular collaborations
- Enhanced student learning within and beyond the classroom
- Integration of local/global diversity
- Faculty research and teaching re: diversity
- Students’ understanding of collaboration and inclusion
- Faculty, staff, monastic, and student partnerships
Previously Funded Initiatives
- Recipients Spring 2018 through Spring 2021 (PDF/372KB)
This year's deadline for submission is Wednesday, March 31, for fall 2021 awards. Announcement of recipients of the innovation funds will be made late November. Note: All student-initiated proposals need to be co-sponsored by an academic department or administrative office for fund disbursement purposes.
- February 2021 Request for Proposals (RFP) (PDF/298KB) released.
- March 31, 2021 Deadline for submission of proposal and budget is noon.
- Please provide estimate breakdown of how funds will be used.
- Please specify exactly how the proposal meets the criteria for funding project.
- Application Cover Sheet (PDF/186KB)
- Submit proposals with the application cover sheet via email to Diversity & Inclusion Innovation Fund.
- Questions regarding submission details may be directed to Lorraine Parr at email@example.com
- Questions regarding project consultation may be directed to Dr. Ande Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Application deadline for spring 2022 proposals is October 2021.
Diversity – includes individual and group/social differences. [The Saint Anselm community is inclusive of individuals who reflect a broad range of social identities including the following: Socioeconomic Class, Race, Ethnicity, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Disability, Religion, Politics, National Origin, and First Generation]
Inclusion - The active, intentional, and ongoing engagement with diversity.