The print publishing staff is located in the Office of College Communications and Marketing (CCM) suite on the second floor of Alumni Hall.
If you need assistance developing your print materials, please contact Laura Lemire, Director of Content Strategy, at 641-7242 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Laura can also help determine if there is a web or digital distribution component to your project, and if so, Dyan Ciccone, Associate Director of Web Communications, will assist you with digital content intake and planning for those aspects. Our office is available to assist departments in their efforts to create and maintain official college brand collateral.
Below, you will find an overview of the services we can offer to assist you with your print projects. All faculty and staff are encouraged to review and understand the college's Print Publishing Guidelines (PDF/103KB), especially the list of questions to consider about your project before scheduling time to meet with our staff. The guidelines were prepared to provide you with all of the information you'll need to produce your print publications.
Services We Offer
Print Publications & Materials Development and Planning
- Whether you are creating a new print publication or updating existing publications, we will work with you to help determine the best way to produce your publication to fit your needs. As part of this process, we will provide you with a production schedule based on the project requirements.
- Timing will depend on the size of the project. Small jobs or revisions to existing publications often take less time, whereas new or large projects can take eight to 12 weeks.
Preparing & Proofreading Your Copy
- As you are developing the copy for your publications, please review the guidelines (PDF/103KB) for writing copy and submiting your copy.
- For most projects, you will be provided with digital proofs of the final publication for your approval via our web-based project management system, Basecamp. Campus partners are responsible for proofreading and approving the proofs. Extensive changes made at this point in the process can delay the project and add to the cost. In most cases, we request that proofs are returned within 48 hours. Four rounds of proofs are the maximum number allowed on major print projects, so please be sure to proofread carefully
- CCM possesses the expertise to select the photos best suited for your publication. Where appropriate, the Creative Director will provide options from which campus partners may choose, accessible through our web-based photo library, Portfolio.
- If you are submitting your own photography for a print publication, we ask that you submit high-resolution (600 dpi) color digital files of the photos. We can use color prints, black and white prints, or transparencies (slides), but these require scanning, which may require extra time.
- For specific photography needs, CCM can hire and schedule a freelance photographer and advise you on what photos to take. Photo shoots typically take 2-4 weeks to schedule and complete, so you will want to plan this time into your overall project schedule.
- CCM has various online templates available for Saint Anselm annual projects that you can easily edit online, and the PDF is delivered to the college and printed in our print shop. The templates are not intended for large, off-set printing projects.
- Log in to Saint Anselm's Online Ordering Page.
Other Print Publications
(signs, programs, fliers, other small printed pieces)
- CCM has installed a computer workstand loaded with the college's official fonts, color palette and logos in the Print Shop.
- The purpose of this workstand is to provide our brand assets to the college community, so that any departmental or smaller printed pieces that are produced outside of CCM can be consistent, with the same look and feel as official college publications, as we strive to effectively communicate our unique Anselmian brand to the world.
- Please review the CCM Brand Review Process and Workstand Instructions to learn more. These documents are also available on the workstand.
- As always, CCM is available to work with departments and offices on larger publications that require design and print assistance.
*For full explanations, please review the guidelines (PDF/103KB).