As a part of Saint Anselm College's Benedictine tradition of hospitality, we offer full-service catering, providing the highest level of food and service to ensure the success of your event.
We will assist you in planning every detail related to your food and beverage needs. We can customize our offerings to suit your needs and will gladly work with you to select the ideal menu for your guests. Whether your function is a continental breakfast for 12 or a plated dinner for 300, our experienced professionals will strive to exceed your expectations.
Please include your food and beverage needs on your Request for Proposal and we will be certain to address these details in our response.
View the 2019-2020 Catering Guide (PDF/309KB)
Planning Your Function
Prior to arranging catering needs, please contact the Conference & Events Services Office at (603) 222-4270 to schedule the date and location of your function.
All cancellations must be made three business days prior to the event. Cancellations less than three full business days will result in charges to cover costs incurred.
Right of First Refusal
Please be advised that Saint Anselm Dining Services has the right of first refusal for all food and beverages served on campus:
- Any group wishing to use an outside vendor to cater an on-campus event must make an appointment to meet with the Director of Dining Services at x 7751 and submit a Catering Waiver Request Form (PDF/388KB).
- A Waiver Form exempts Saint Anselm College Dining Services from any liability associated with food and beverage provided by an outside caterer.
- Dining Services must pre-approve the caterer and if an exception is made and the Director of Dining Services gives consent, the caterer must be able to provide a copy of Food Service Operation License and documented proof of commercial general liability insurance in limits of not less than one million dollars.
Discount for Internal Events
A 20 % catering discount will be given to all Saint Anselm College Administrative Departments, Academic Department and Student Organizations. In order to receive this discount, events must be booked in accordance with Dining Services planning and procedure requirements listed on this page.
Advanced planning is the key to the success of any event! Please contact our catering department as far in advance as possible to allow us to schedule and plan appropriately. The earlier you start the planning process, the better our department can serve you! To arrange for catering services, contact the Saint Anselm College Catering Office at 603.641.7236.
We ask that you contact us at least 10 business days prior to your event. For larger events of 100 guests or more, we require 20 business days.
Please keep in mind that although we will always try to accommodate last minute requests, we cannot guarantee provision of service on short notice.
The following information is required to book a function:
- Department or Organization
- Add your event to the EMS along with notification that catering will be needed or menu to be determined
- Contact and Billing information - Please include Account Object Code & Project Code
- Event Date & Time
- Approximate Guest Count
- Menu Selection
- Type of Function
- Table Set-Up & Linen Needs
- For Express orders, Contact information for person picking up the order
All student club and organization catering orders must be pre-approved by both the club and SGA treasurer. The catering manager must receive an email from both treasurers before the order can be processed.
If you need any assistance in planning the menu, or have questions about table set-up and linen needs, please don't hesitate to call us at (603) 641-7236.
Short Notice Event Charges
The following charges will be applied accordingly for events booked less than:
- Three business days before: 10% added to total bill
- Two business days before: 15% added to total bill
- One business day/24 hours before: 25% added to total bill
Note: The day of the function is not included in calculating the time frame.
Guest Count Guarantees
Guest counts must be confirmed three business days prior to an event. For groups over 100 or events with special menus, a final count guarantee is needed five business days prior to an event. If the accurate guest count is not given in the appropriate time requested, a 10% charge will be incurred. The final bill will reflect the final guarantee or the number served, whichever is greater. If a guarantee is not provided, the last estimate given becomes your guaranteed count.
Dining Services will determine staffing needs based on the size of your group, menu, style of service, event time frame, and the logistics of space. If the event extends beyond the function's allotted time, additional labor will be charged. The attendant rate is $15.00 per hour, per service person.
Function set-up includes linen and skirting for food and beverage tables. Additional tables, such as conference, registration, award tables, etc. are subject to additional charges.
All meals served outside of Davison Hall include earth friendly disposables at no additional charge. Upscale plastic ware is available upon request; charges may apply.
Specialty Linen & China Rental
Dining Services will coordinate the rental of specialty linens, china, tables, chairs, and any other items that we cannot provide in-house for our clients. The total rental bill (including shipping/delivery charges), plus a 10% administrative fee, will be applied to the final bill for this service.
Equipment on Loan
Airpots, chafers, coolers, skirting, etc. are the property of Saint Anselm College's Dining Services. Any equipment on loan is subject to charge. Damaged or unreturned equipment will be subject to replacement charges. All equipment must be cleaned and returned within 24 hours of usage.
To reserve a BBQ grill for an outing, please contact the Conference & Events Services Office at (603) 222-4270.
Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
A delivery charge of $20.00 will be applied to orders of $200.00 or less. A 15% charge will be applied to all orders above $200.00.
Monday to Friday before 7 a.m. or after 5 p.m.
A delivery charge of $30.00 will be applied to orders of $200.00 or less. A 20% charge will be applied to all orders above $200.00.
There is a $375.00 minimum for all weekend orders that require delivery, in addition to a 20% delivery and set-up fee.
To avoid a delivery charge, you may pick up your order.
Removal of Food and Accoutrements
In accordance with catering industry standards, guests may not take leftover food or any extra plates, cups, utensils, sugar packets, creamers, etc. from the function site.
This policy is in effect for the following reasons:
- Liability: Dining Services is responsible for the safety of all the food it prepares and serves. Mishandled food is very susceptible for foodborne illness. Food items must be properly handled, chilled, heated, and served.
- Cost: Additional costs result when extra utensils and serving accessories such as tongs, forks, cups, plates, sugar packets, creamers, etc. are taken from the site of a catered event.
Special Dietary Needs & Food Allergies
We are committed to meeting the needs of our guests with special dietary restrictions. With at least 48 hours advance notice, we can accommodate most dietary restrictions with a delicious alternative menu option.
If you require information on potential allergens in menu items, please contact us prior to your event. If you find that you need information during an ongoing function, please do not hesitate to ask any of our buffet attendants and/or servers for assistance.