Counseling high school students on their college choices requires a lot of information. Here you'll find the materials you need in order to guide your students in their college search.
Admission & Financial Aid
Fee Waiver Policy
A $50 fee is required with each application. Saint Anselm College will waive the $50 application fee for the following students:
- Visitors to Campus: Students who register for and attend an official visit before they submit their application will have their fee waived. Students will receive details regarding the waiver within 24 hours of the conclusion of their visit.
- First Generation Domestic and International Students: For this purpose, a first-generation college student is defined as a student whose parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have not completed a bachelor’s degree.
- Counselor Referrals: Do you have a student to whom you would like to provide a fee waiver? Have them use the fee waiver code HAWKS when they submit their Common Application.
Test Score Policy
Saint Anselm College is test optional for all students except those who are homeschooled and those applying for the nursing program. Applicants may elect to have their test scores reviewed with their application. Not submitting their scores will not negatively impact the student’s application. Please note that official test scores (if available) will be required for each student upon enrollment. Test scores may be used for academic advisement purposes.
Applicants may submit self-reported test scores for use during the admission process. Self-reported scores can come directly from the Common Application or a student can send us a scanned PDF copy of their student score report. We will not accept self-reported scores in an email from the student unless the email includes the students’ score report as indicated above.
For both the SAT or ACT exam, we suggest that students take the optional essay/writing section. The essay/writing portion of the SAT is not an admission requirement. We will super-score the SAT and ACT exams.
SAT and ACT test dates prior to November 15th will release results in time for scores to be considered with early action or early decision applications. For students applying regular decision, test dates through December 15th will provide results in time for scores to be considered with their application.
99% of our students receive a need-based grant or scholarship through Saint Anselm College. Merit scholarships can range between $16,000 and $25,000 and are based on rigor of high-school curriculum, secondary school grade-point average, rank in class (if provided), standardized test scores (if submitted), overall superior academic performance, and extracurricular involvement. The average financial aid offer is about $29,360. More information can be found on our Tuition & Financial Aid page.
Optional Application Add-on's
Saint Anselm College has the following partnerships that provide students with opportunities to enhance their applications.
- SlideRoom: Students interested in applying for our Fine Arts program or would like to share their visual and performance art as part of their applications can submit a free portfolio through SlideRoom. All portfolios will be evaluated by a Fine Arts faculty member at Saint Anselm College. To create a portfolio, you can use the link embedded in the Common Application or you can create through Slideroom.
- RaiseMe: Students can prepare for college by earning scholarships for their academic and extracurricular achievements. By creating a portfolio, applicants can add their accomplishments and see how they can translate into micro-scholarships at the colleges to which they are applying. RaiseMe scholarships will be incorporated into our merit scholarships and will be awarded along with the application decision letter. Students can sign up using the RaiseMe website.
Students interested in playing a sport at the NCAA Division II level are encouraged to visit the Athletics website to learn more about the recruitment process.
For questions related to athletics and the admission process, please contact the Athletic Liaison for the Office of Admission, Ashleigh Sargent.
Counselors from the local New England area are invited to spend a morning at Saint Anselm College. Discover what's new by touring the campus, learning about our academic offerings, and meeting with faculty, staff, and students.
If you are interested in attending the Fall 2020 program, contact Tony Trodella, Associate Director of Admission.
Counselors from all over the country are encouraged to make a trip to Saint Anselm College this spring. Our guests will have the opportunity to meet with college community members while discovering unique academic programs and experiences. Counselors will stay in nearby Bedford, NH and be able to explore downtown Manchester.
To add your name to our invitation list for future programs, please fill out the Counselor Fly-in Interest Form.
Questions? Contact Cassie McCue, Associate Director of Regional Admission
Other Visit Opportunities
We welcome group visits from high schools throughout the year. If you are interested in bringing a group to our campus, please complete a special group visit request form. For additional questions about group visits, please contact Lee Joyce, Senior Assistant Director of Admission.
Interested in coming to campus? We welcome any counselor to visit Saint Anselm College to learn more about our programs and offerings. To set up a visit, please contact Julie Lanman, Director of Admission Recruitment.