Benedictine Engagement with the World: Stability, Mission, and Outreach
Saint Anselm College, the host institution for this year’s annual Benedictine Pedagogy Conference (BPC), announces a call for papers on Benedictine Engagement with the World: Stability, Mission, and Outreach. The BPC provides a venue for faculty, staff and administrators to share ideas and practices through which, in the classroom, student life, and collegiate environment, they have successfully integrated the hallmarks from the document Education in the Benedictine Tradition created by the Association of Benedictine Colleges and Universities (ABCU).
The Benedictine Pedagogy Conference this year will meet jointly with the ABCU meetings. The BPC will hold its own panels, while the ABCU will host its Benedictine Leadership Formation Institute as well as its annual meetings for monastic superiors and college presidents. All participants will be invited to joint sessions with keynote and guest speakers as well as social and liturgical events over the several days of the meetings.
Pricing Information & Registration
Full Price: $300, includes:
- Room (3 nights) in apartment style housing on campus
- All meals including opening dinner Wednesday, May 30 in the evening, through breakfast Saturday, June 2
- Attendance at all BPC events and panels
Registration Deadline: May 15, 2018
- Wednesday, May 30, Arrival and Registration beginning at 1 p.m. / Vespers, Dinner and Opening Address, beginning at 5:35 p.m.
- Thursday – Friday, May 31 - June 1, Panels and Events / Closing Dinner on Friday, 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 2, conference concludes with breakfast, 7:15 a.m. and Mass, 8:30 a.m.
Directions to Campus
- The College is approximately 15 minutes from the airport.
- A cab ride costs $25 each way.
- Via GPS, use "100 Saint Anselm Drive, Manchester, NH." At campus, follow the driving directions:
Exit the airport, bearing right out of the rotary onto Airport Road and Brown Avenue. Follow approximately 2 miles. Go through an overpass and under a highway and turn left onto Interstate 293 North. Get in a middle-left lane; cross over Merrimack River. At fork, go straight onto Route 101 (do not bear right and do not follow 293 North to Manchester). At the junction of Routes 101 and 114 (set of lights), continue straight onto Route 114 North, following power lines. At the 3rd stoplight, turn right onto Saint Anselm Drive. Main entrance to campus is approximately 1 mile ahead on right. NH Institute of Politics is ahead, down a hill, on the right.
Via Logan Airport, Boston, Approximately 1 hour from College
- Shuttle service: Flight Line: 800-245-2525; Approximately $100.00 each way