Beyond the Classroom
A true liberal arts education cannot be contained within the confines of a course catalog. Rather, the full measure of understanding, inquiry, and service required of a fully educated student is often paid outside of the classroom. Students at Saint Anselm College have many opportunities for academic, cultural, and social enrichment outside of the classroom.
As home to several internationally recognized centers and institutes, Saint Anselm welcomes thought leaders from around the world to study, speak, and conduct research on campus. In fact, the New Hampshire Institute of Politics is a noted national venue for democratic discourse that has hosted political commentators and presidential debates.
In addition to coursework, scientific and academic research weighs heavily in undergraduate education at Saint Anselm. Students at Saint Anselm have the opportunity to participate in research opportunities working alongside faculty members working in the laboratory and social sciences in academic settings and facilities on campus, as well as in field locations all over the world.
And in keeping with the Benedictine devotion to learning in the service of humankind, Saint Anselm College encourages all of its students to participate in service learning to apply classroom concepts in challenging community contexts. Service learning projects are coordinated by the Meelia Center for Community Engagement and faculty members often integrate service learning options in their courses.
Spiritual life, including Mass service, volunteer opportunities, and alternative spring break ministries are coordinated by Saint Anselm's Campus Ministry.
Centers and Institutes
Students also find enrichment through activities, events, and programs offered by on-campus cultural, community, and research centers including:
- Career Development Center: Find innovative learning opportunities.
- Chapel Art Center: Explore the latest contemporary and classic art exhibitions.
- Dana Center for the Humanities: Enjoy the performing arts, including classical theatre, contemporary dance, films, and concerts.
- Ethics in Governance: Educates and informs New Hampshire business leaders, students, and the general public alike.
- Institute for Saint Anselm Studies: Discover the inspirational life and spiritual work of Saint Anselm of Canterbury.
- Meelia Center for Community Engagement: Serve the people of Greater Manchester.
- Multicultural Center & Education Services: Students are empowered with the resources, skills, and opportunities necessary for academic achievement, leadership development, and purposeful civic engagement.
- New Hampshire Institute of Politics: Engage your citizenship, contribute to our democracy, and gather insight from visiting speakers.
- Showcasing Our Art and Research (S.O.A.R.): Celebrates students' creative works and successes.