A Guest/Visitor is anyone who is not a current Saint Anselm employee, student or member of the monastic community. Guests will not be allowed on campus until further notice. This includes access to all campus buildings and the Abbey Church, and access to performances, activities and exhibits is restricted to students and employees. Students will not be permitted to accommodate visitation or overnight guests, those from other halls/areas, and commuters.
As it relates to occasional and needed family visits, students are encouraged to meet at designated visit-locations outside the residences. All overnight hosting programs of prospective students/guests and commuter students are suspended at this time.
Walking the campus and other recreational activities by anyone who is not a current employee or student is discouraged and will only be allowed when those individuals are wearing a face covering and maintaining social distance from others.
Exceptions to the visitation/guest policy may be granted under the following circumstances:
- For prospective students and athletic recruits on official visits, based on state and local health guidelines, health screening protocols, and the availability of testing and space on campus. Athletic recruits also will follow NCAA and NE10 recruiting policies.
- For weddings approved through Campus Ministry. Please contact Sue Gabert at email@example.com to learn about the College’s current wedding protocol.
- For the purpose of programming for the residential and commuter student body as a whole:
- Before groups schedule a program that would include a guest/vendor, the program and outside vendors/guests must be approved by the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership. Groups include any club/organization, other department student organization ( i.e., NHIOP Ambassadors, academic department club/org, societies, etc. ) or other primarily student focused groups.
- Every group that is exploring programming that requires outside vendors/guests MUST complete a Student Affairs Programming Form through the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership.
- Outside vendors/guests must adhere to the Saint Anselm College Community Care Covenant, which includes the wearing of masks and frequent handwashing, while providing their programming.
- Outside vendors/guests will have to submit a COVID-19 screening document, and will be subject to a health screening upon arrival to campus, including having their temperature taken.
- All vendors/guests will be prohibited from any campus space for which they were not previously approved.
- The group organizing the event will be required to ensure all requirements specified above are met.
- If specific criteria is outlined for the group’s program by the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership during the approval process, the organizing member/group will be required to ensure that all participants and the vendor/guest approved to be on campus follow all requirements.
- For individuals and/or events of limited size that have been approved by the senior leadership of the College.
To ensure compliance with the Guest Policy, access to the campus may be limited to the main entrance, and staff and students are asked to wear Saint Anselm identification at all times when on campus. This policy will be reviewed in the context of updated information, and national, state and campus COVID-19 data.
Guest Policy (To Campus)
A Guest is anyone who is not a current employee or student enrolled in the current semester at the College. Guests will not be allowed on campus until further notice. Residents will not be permitted to welcome family or off-campus guests into the residence halls.
As it relates to occasional and needed family visits, students are encouraged to meet at designated guest-locations outside the residences and/or enjoy a meal off-campus. All overnight hosting programs of prospective students/guests are suspended at this time.
Exceptions to the guest policy may be granted for athletic recruits on official visits and will be assessed in conjunction with NCAA and NE10 recruiting policies, state and local health guidelines, health screening protocols, and the availability of testing and space on campus.
In keeping with our Anselmian values, respect for and cooperation with the Residential Life, Campus Safety and Security, and Physical Plant staff is expected of all students. A positive approach and attitude contributes to a healthy and cooperative living environment, and to the cleanliness expected in student residential areas. These interim policies will be reviewed and adjusted based on COVID data as part of the College’s phased approach to student life during the spring semester. Please refer to the “Levels” section of the COVID-19 website for more information.
Guest and Visitation Policy
Guests will not be permitted in the residence halls until further notice. This includes off-campus guests, overnight guests, and family members.
The Visitation Policy, as stated in the Student Handbook, is suspended until further notice. A Visitor is defined as a current student enrolled in classes at the college—resident or commuter status. The amended student Visitation Policy incorporates the concept of the “family unit” and is defined as follows:
- Residents have access and permission to enter ONLY their specific residential building or apartment. Any exceptions to this policy would need permissions (i.e. RAs, EMTs, etc.)
- Students may not visit other students in different residential buildings or apartments.
- Commuter students cannot enter any residential building or apartment.
- Visitation among residents assigned to a specific family unit (defined above) is permitted. Students who regularly share an assigned bathroom (on a wing/floor/pod) are considered a family unit.
- Students living in traditional residence halls (communal bathrooms) are permitted to host one student visitor from the same family unit in their room—with prior consent from roommate(s).
- Students living in apartments are not permitted to host any visitors in their living space.
Visitation and “family units” may expand over time as determined by the health and safety in mitigating risks of the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Refer to the “Levels” section of the COVID-19 website for more information.
The maximum occupancy for gatherings in traditional residence hall rooms is limited to one visitor per resident of the space. Apartments cannot host gatherings. Apartment occupancy is for assigned residents only. All guests must be from the same family unit, until further notice.
These interim policies will be reviewed and adjusted based on COVID data as part of the College’s phased approach to student life during the spring semester. Please refer to the “Levels” section of the COVID-19 website for more information.
Failure to Comply with College Policies and Procedures
The Community Standards of the College and the Community Care Covenant are a means basic to the effective attainment of a sound Christian education as well as to keeping our community safe from the potential harm that community living presents. The COVID- 19 policies and guidelines have been specifically implemented to promote and sustain the wellness of our community. The College will take every necessary step to ensure the safety and security of our students, faculty, staff, and community members. To this end, students who engage in egregious behavior that places any member of the community at-risk or who specifically violate the Community Standards or the Community Care Covenant policies during this pandemic period will be found in violation of Article 14 of the published Community Standards relating to “Conduct Unbecoming an Anselmian”. Those students found in violation will be subject to one or more of the list of sanctions found in the Student Handbook. Please review the section in the Student Handbook labeled, “SANCTIONS AND CONSEQUENCES” for details related to each of the listed sanctions.