Anselmian Stories & Awards
Saint Anselm is recognized as one of the finest Catholic liberal arts colleges in the United States. The college is noted for its excellent undergraduate programs and professional preparation of students as leaders in a changing world. Students can choose from 42 majors and 20 minors (and this number is growing), several pre-professional programs, more than 80 clubs and organizations, and many fulfilling community service and study abroad opportunities that promote professional, social and civic engagement.
Get to know Saint Anselm through the college's Anselmian student stories and news, faculty experts, the college's award-winning magazine, Portraits, and educational and cultural arts centers, including the New Hampshire Institute of Politics & Political Library.
Saint Anselm College of Communications and Marketing (CCM) has received various CASE District I awards for excellence and communications, including:
- 2013 - Gold, Social Media - in support of student recruitment: Social Media Mashup
- 2012 - Honorable Mention, Best Design, Magazines - circulation under 30K: Portraits (Summer 2011, Spring 2011, Fall 2010)
- 2007 - Gold, Brochures
- 2004 - Silver, Website Redesign
Saint Anselm College also received a 2004 Massachusetts Innovation Technology Exchange (MITX) Award (Finalist) in the Education Category for its website redesign.
Most recently, CCM and The Alva de Mars Megan Chapel Arts Center won a NEMA publications award for the printed folio accompanying the fall 2013 exhibition entitled, "Sandy Wadlington: Reflections of the Day." The folio was awarded third place in the Marketing/PR Materials Category for institutions with an operating budget under $500,000.
For the second year in a row, Saint Anselm received the MarCom Award for Portraits in the Magazine/Educational Institution Category: 2014 - Gold; 2013 - Platinum. MarCom Awards is an international competition for marketing and communication professionals involved in the concept, writing and design of print, video and audio materials in marketing and communication. It is administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals.
Saint Anselm has received awards for video production from CASE and Telly Awards. The Telly Awards honor the very best film and video productions, groundbreaking online video content, and outstanding local, regional, and cable TV commercials and programs.
- 2011 - CASE Distric I, Two Gold, study abroad and experiential learning video covering a study tour in Peru, and another for Belize by Saint Anselm College students. Project manager and executive producer.
- 2011 - Telly Awards, Six Telly Awards for study abroad videos covering study tours in China, Peru, and Vietnam. Project manager and executive producer.
- 2010 - CASE District I, Bronze: N.H. Primary video (Student Voices). Co-producer. The video was shot over two years on the campus of Saint Anselm College during the lead up to the 2008 New Hampshire Primary.
Content Use Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in Saint Anselm College. The college's stories and Portrait articles can be used for free, however, please be sure to follow our guidelines. Below is a short list for your reference. For the full list, or if you have any questions about the Saint Anselm Media Policy, please contact Michelle Adams, Executive Director of College Communications and Marketing at (603) 641-7240.
What You Can and Can't Do with Saint Anselm Content
- No statements or implications that Saint Anselm, the article, or anyone featured in the article endorses a particular product or service may be made.
- No use or reproduction of any Saint Anselm insignia, shield, logos, or other marks may be made without specific permission.
- Material may not be edited, except to reflect relative changes in time, location, and editorial style. (For example, "yesterday" can be changed to "last week," and "Manchester, NH." can be changed to "New Hampshire" or "here.")
- If you're republishing online, you must link to the original story and/or Portraits edition, and include all of the links from the story.
- It's okay to put college stories on pages with ads, but not ads specifically sold against our stories.
- College photographs may not be republished without specific permission.
- You can embed Saint Anselm videos and audio from our YouTube accounts.
- You must credit the college, ideally in the byline. "Author Name, Saint Anselm College," and "Portraits" are preferred, whenever applicable.
VideoLink Broadcast Studio
The New Hampshire Institute of Politics at Saint Anselm College offers the only live video production and broadcast studio in the Greater Manchester area, outside of a newsroom.
Television journalists can interview individuals, including Saint Anselm’s experts, politicians, business and civic leaders, remotely from the studio without requiring a TV crew on site or the source to travel to the network. Operated in partnership with VideoLink, the studio is equipped with ReadyCam technology that allows VideoLink to control the camera and lighting remotely from their Boston headquarters.
To request that a Saint Anselm College expert appear on your program, contact:
- Chip Underhill, Media Relations Director, firstname.lastname@example.org; (603) 641-7326.
To reserve the live studio for a corporate, political, or non-profit appearance, contact: