2012 - Ph.D., Southern New Hampshire University, International Business
2002 - MBA, Oxford Brookes, UK-Hungary
1995 - M.S., University of New Mexico, Analytical Chemistry
1993 - B.S., Louisiana State University, Chemistry
PHR -Professional in Human Resources Certificate - SHRM, since 2002
Fulbright Scholar Award-Fall 2021 at the University of Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic, https://www.uhk.cz/en
I have over 9 years of international corporate experience in Europe, Latin America and the US. My diverse academic background (chemistry and business) combined with the international business experience have allowed me not only to develop and deliver high quality academic instruction, but also such experience has shaped my research interests. Since joining Saint Anselm College in 2013, I mainly teach the following courses: International Business Management, Business in Developing and Emerging Markets, International Human Resource Management, and Introduction to Social Innovation.
Courses taught at Saint Anselm College
BU-100- ST-Introduction to Social Innovation (2 credit course)
BU-272-International Business Management (meets GLOB)
BU-324-Business in Developing and Emerging Markets
BU-335- International Human Resource Management (meets CITZ)
MK-333-International Marketing (meets GLOB)
FI-363-International Financial Management
BU-221-Human Resource Management
Research and Recent Publications
My most recent research has been about the internationalization of Latin American family business groups and nascent entrepreneurship. I also have published research on economic integration (specifically the CAFTA region). In addition, I'm interested in the application of system dynamics modeling to international business, as well as exploring the impacts of international business on environmental sustainability.
- Bachmann, P., Frutos-Bencze, D., (2022). “R&D and innovation efforts during the COVID-19 pandemic: the role of universities”. Journal of Innovation and Knowledge. Volume 7, Issue 4, October–December 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jik.2022.100238
- Teekasap, P., Frutos-Bencze, D., (2022). “The research landscape of MNEs and SDGs: what we know and what needs to be done?” in The Role of Multinational Enterprises in Supporting the United Nations' SDGs. Edited by John R. McIntyre, Silvester Ivanaj, and Vera Ivanaj, ISBN: 978 1 80220 240 3. https://www.e-elgar.com/shop/usd/the-role-of-multinational-enterprises-in-supporting-the-united-nations-sdgs-9781802202403.html
- Frutos-Bencze, D. (2021). Country and Firm Level Environmental Sustainability in Latin America and the MENA Region. CYRUS Global Business Perspectives (CGBP). V6, p9-30. DOI: 10.52212/CGBP2021-V6i1m1. https://cyrusik.org/cyrus-global-business-perspectives/v6/
- Bukkavesa, K., Frutos-Bencze, D., & Kulvanich, N. (2021). Is growth in entrepreneurial activity truly beneficial for a prosperous and equitable economy? Applied Economics, 1-17. DOI: 10.1080/00036846.2021.1937502. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00036846.2021.1937502
- Frutos-Bencze, D., Avdiu, K., & Unger, S. (2019).The Effect of Trade and Monetary Policy on the Development of Renewable Energy in Latin America. In Critical Perspectives on International Business.
- Asgary, N. H., Frutos-Bencze, D., Samii, M. V., & Varamini, H. (2019). Global Business: An Economic, Social, and Environmental Perspective.
- Frutos-Bencze, D. (2017). Central American Family Business Groups: Internationalisation and Diversification Strategies, in International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets. Vol. 9, No. 3, pp.198–215.
- Frutos-Bencze, D., Bukkavesa, K., & Kulvanich, N. (2017). Impact of FDI and trade on environmental quality in the CAFTA-DR region, in Applied Economics Letters, Vol. 24, No. 19, 1393–1398.
- Frutos-Bencze, D. (2015). Environmental Sustainability in the CAFTA-DR Region: Impact of the Treaty’s Environmental Provisions on Country and Multinational Firm Level Sustainability, in Advances in Sustainability and Environmental Justice; Beyond the UN Global Compact. Vol. 17, pp. 147-168.
- Frutos-Bencze, D. (2014). Impact of CAFTA-DR's Environmental Provisions on Member Countries and Firm-Level Environmental Voluntary Mechanisms. In B. Christiansen (Ed.), Handbook of Research on Economic Growth and Technological Change in Latin America (pp. 265-290). Hershey, PA: Business Science Reference.
Prior Work Experience
Associate Dean of UG Business Programs, SNHU-College of Online and Continuing Education, Manchester, NH
Adjunct Faculty, SNHU-University Campus, Manchester and Salem, NH
Graduate level courses:
- MBA-501 - Math and Statistics for Business
- INT-675 - International Corporate Governance and Control
- INT-610 - Multinational Corporate Environment
- INT-600 - Multinational Corporate Management
Undergraduate level courses
- INT-113 - Introduction to International Business
- MKT-130 - Introduction to Marketing
- INT-316 - Cultural & Political Environment of International Business
- INT-315 - International Management
Euronet Worldwide Inc. (Budapest, Hungary, Orlando and Kansas City)
• Human Resources and Training Development Manager
• Client Training Manager U.S. and Latin America