Ph.D., Boston College, William F. Connell School of Nursing
M.S., Boston College, William F. Connell School of Nursing
B.S.N., Saint Anselm College
Saint Anselm History
Dr. MacLeod returned to Saint Anselm College in 2016 as an Assistant Professor. She previously taught at the college in 2008 to 2011.
Critical Care Nursing
Dr. MacLeod has many years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner in Cardiac Surgery Intensive Care. She also taught at Boston College in the Accelerated Masters program.
- Brady, D.R., MacLeod, C.E. (2018). Implantable tranvenous cardioverter-defibrillators in adults. Nursing2018 Critical Care (13)3, 34-38.
- Perrin, K., MacLeod, C. (2017). Understanding the Essentials of Critical Care Nursing. 3rd edition (2017). Pearson: New York
- Perrin, K., MacLeod, C. (2013). Understanding the Essentials of Critical Care Nursing. 2nd edition. Pearson: New York
- MacLeod, C. (2011). Understanding the Lived Experience of Spousal Caregivers of the Postoperative Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery Patient Recovery at Home: A Health as Expanding Consciousness Research Study. Nursing Science Quarterly (24),3, 245-55.
- Mahoney, E., Trudeau, S., Penyack, S., MacLeod, C. (2006). Challenges to intervention implementation: Lessons learned in the Bathing persons with Alzheimer’s disease at home study. Nursing Research (55),2, 10-16.
Dr. MacLeod interests include critical care nursing, cardiac health and surgery, and the role of the family caregiver during recovery from critical health episodes and chronic disease. She has a particular interest in qualitative research.
Sigma Theta Tau, Epsilon Tau at Large, Vice President
Association of Critical Care Nurses
International Journal of Nursing Knowledge, peer reviewer
NH Nursing Association
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
NH State Nursing Board Certified
Basic Life Support
Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Federal DEA certification